Saturday, November 24, 2012

17.--Gulberg Fine Cuisine



Gulberg Fine Cuisine on Urbanspoon   My sister reminded me the other day that I had not yet done a blog featuring East Indian food. This is odd, because I love the cuisine. We chose Gulberg Fine Cuisine; primarily because it was located in the area in which we were running errands. (First rule of a successful business--location, location, location.)

The restaurant itself is comfortable, clean and spacious, with booths everywhere, something I have always appreciated. There is nothing worse than being packed  in like sardines along both sides of
of a single long table. How people assume that's fine dining I'll never know. I like a little privacy between my elbow and a stranger's, thank you very much.

The host was very friendly, a real people-person, warm and welcoming to everyone that entered the store. It didn't matter if they were in business attire, punjabi suits or jeans and flip-flops, everyone was greeted with equal respect and warmth.

We chose the butter chicken, the chicken curry, and of course the requisite roti to go. The food arrived in good time, freshly prepared. The butter chicken was pretty much what I expected; rich and tomato-based with chunks of chicken generously filling the container. It was the chicken curry that was the delightful surprise--not overly hot, with a really lovely blend of spices. Truth to tell, it was better than the butter chicken, and that's saying a lot because I'm such a fan.
Although the meal was filling I think it could have done with a free side of rice to make it a real deal. That being said, I've paid more for worse.

The next time we go I'll be eating in the restaurant itself. At about nine to fifteen dollars an entree it's worth the money, for the atmosphere and the food.




No comments:

Post a Comment