Saturday, August 11, 2012

2.--Texx Big Burger--A Really Good Burger

Tel. 604-588-0093
Mon.-Sat. 11:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.
Sunday 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.
14783-108 Avenue, Surrey B.C.
Texx Big Burger on Urbanspoon

I like a good cheeseburger.  So when my sister told me about a new burger joint that opened up on 108th Avenue and 148th Street, I figured I'd go check the place out. I almost hesitated to go in when I saw where it was, but I decided not to let the non-descript strip-mall setting stop me.

I was glad I went in. The place itself is reminiscent of the old-fashioned diner; bright, almost cheery, and clean, painted a soft yellow with ceramic tile on the bottom half of the walls, and black tables and chairs that, while not much to look at, has the decided advantage of being clean and in good condition. No Mickey D vinyl or molded plastic anywhere. There is a flat-screen tv on the wall to watch while you wait for your burgers, and you do wait because nothing is pre-made, which is why everything is so tasty. The hamburger is fresh, the fries are in-house and made at the time you put in your food request.

You fill out your own order on a form and hand it in at the counter. If you order a drink from the pop machine refills are free (bonus!).

The burgers are generous and the containers of fries overflowing. The bun is fresh with black and white sesame seeds all over the top, the lettuce crisp and the food  hot. I would have taken a picture of my burger but I ate it. My brother-in-law ordered a bacon burger and he said the bacon was done just right. They also have a vegetarian burger, a chicken breast burger, a halibut burger, a junior burger for the kids, and a Nathan's hotdog with fries; a little something for nearly everyone.

A single burger and fries runs about ten dollars, money I would pay over two burgers and fries at any fast-food joint in Surrey. I'll get a picture of the burger next time I get one.

If I don't eat it before I get my camera out like what happened last time.

No comments:

Post a Comment